Saturday, April 28, 2012

A gloomy Saturday

I got to spend the morning with some of my lady friends.  JW, Rach and I went to the Munchkin Mart consignment deal they were having at the MN fairgrounds.  We got there not even an hour after it opened but all the "big" stuff was already gone.  Bummer.  I was going hoping to stock up on the larger items I need for the daycare.  I was able to stock up on clothes for Sir Dexter though for either next year or the next.  Depending on how tall he gets.  JW found a couple cloth diapers for me which was awesome.  It is a brand I don't have and haven't tried but hey, 2 cloth diapers for $11 brand new?  I'll take it.  They will fit baby.  Other than that I only got kiddo utensils and some kiddo plates.  Sort of disappointing but I never regret the time spent with my friends or the "me" time I get.  Dexter spent the morning with Grammy and Papa.

After Munchkin mart, we decided to stop quick at Once Upon a Child.  Not even 2 minutes of walking in that place and I found a pack and play and a double stroller.  Sheesh.  Who needs the Munchkin Mart?!  I was also able to find a booster seat for the table and a potty training seat for when that time arrives.  I made out like a bandit and I feel much better about getting what I need for the daycare set up.  I have lots of time but yet time is flying so best get things when I see them.  Plus after the baby is born things will be a lot harder to shop for. 

I put Dex down for a nap at 2 and he's still sleeping!  It's almost 6!  I guess Grammy and Papa really wore him out!  Baby and I are getting pretty stinking hungry though so hopefully he wakes up soon.  I think it's a perfect evening for grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Don't you think? 

Max has been very busy as well.  We (by we I mean he) are installing trim next weekend so this weekend he is spending painting the trim.  I can't wait for these projects to be done so that I can set up the house better.  Right now the computers are in the "daycare" room and all of the baby stuff is stuffed in the corner because there is no point to bringing it upstairs when the carpet will hopefully be installed soon and everything will just have to get hauled downstairs.  The office is emptied out but needs some touch up work and then the trim.  I need to make some shelves for the kitchen so we can get rid of the shelf that's holding some oddball stuff like the crockpot and the rice cooker.  I'd rather not have the kids be able to get at that stuff.  We are also planning on buying a flat screen TV soon so we can mount it to the wall.  Currently we have a mammoth TV that weighs quite literally 300 lbs and the way we have the house set up now it just won't work.  Plus it would be best to get the TV and the DVD player off the ground so the kids can't get at that too.   We really want our house to be not only safe but appealing for potential parents who interview for childcare. 

I need to get crack-a-lackin on the nursery too.  I have it patched up with mud but need to sand it down and the put the first coat of primer on it.  It's hard to do these things when I only get 2-3 hrs (normally) a day when Dexter is napping.  Max is a very busy fellow and rightfully is not expected to be on Dexter duty while we have all these projects going on.  Cathy, my dad's wife, is giving us a dresser that I will need to paint.  I was thinking it would be the baby's but now I'm thinking I might use it for Max and I and give the baby our dresser.  Either way, one of the dressers would need to be painted.  Another project.  I need to not work.  Think of how much stuff I would get done!   

I have no idea who reads this blog and I'm sorry this one is so boring.  I'm just trying to pass time waiting for Sir Dexter to wake up.  I know if I sit on the couch I will crash and nothing else will get done.  Writing this sorry excuse of a blog guarantees a small break but that I will get up as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment