Wednesday, April 4, 2012

23 weeks



23 weeks.  First I'd like to say that I am a proud auntie again!  My nephew Liam Scott was born today and I love him so much already.  He looks like a male version of his big sister Audrey.  It made me so excited to meet my own new little one and see who has been growing in my belly.  It also made me terrified to think of caring for this teeny, tiny, fragile baby!  Even when Max was holding him he said "I guess I'm scared of holding a newborn again"!  You really do forget how tiny and fragile they are.  And he's a big baby at 9 lbs 3 oz!  I know we will get right into the swing of things and it will all come back to us.  It's always different too when it's not your baby.

Cravings this week: ummm.... cereal?  That's always.  I go through so much cereal and milk it's not even funny.  I probably top off 2 gallons of milk a week by myself.  Milk is so comforting to my stomach.  Comfort food/drink.  Baked beans are still pretty delicious.  Eh, nothing stands out.  I'm back into being not so hungry around dinner time.  I eat because I know I should but more often than not I would be just fine skipping it.

Pregnancy acne has reared its ugly  head this week.  Ugh.  I hate it.  I am already having a slightly rough time with how I look.  I just feel large and big and well, fugly.  Zits are not helping matters much.  I had pregnancy acne with Dexter too but that was right at the beginning and then my skin was great the rest of the time.  My skin has been so-so this time and awful right now.  You won't notice it in my pictures because I photoshopped those buggers RIGHT OUT.  That's right.  I feel no need  to remember how I looked when I was a pizza face.

I had a dream the other night that I gave birth to twin boys.  There are definitely not twins in there and we of course don't know the sex but pregnancy dreams are very real.  When the contractions were coming in the dream I was vaguely aware that I should wake up and see if I really was cramping up or if it was all dream.  I'm still having a tougher time at night.  I'm able to actually fall asleep right away but I'm tossing and turning all night.  Turning over has gotten a bit harder as well.  I have to grab onto something or give myself a couple of heaves before I can make it over. 

I'm excited for my 24 week appointment next week.  I feel like it's been a very long time since I've heard buggers heartbeat so I miss him/her!  I feel the baby all the time.  S/he is quite the kicker and always picks the weirdest spots to kick.  I just don't think some organs were meant to be attacked like that.  Bug gets very mad and retaliates when something is placed on my belly for a while like if I were to rest my arm on my belly while sitting.  Oh no, that doesn't fly.  S/he attacks it until you move.  Maybe Bug knows how little room s/he has already and is preparing for when there is absolutely no room!  Which, by the judge of the last 23 weeks, will basically be tomorrow.  Time never moved as fast as it does now.  Chasing after my now full time walker and growing a baby at the same time.  Oy vey.


No comments:

Post a Comment