Monday, April 23, 2012

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Summary:  30 year old Anna decides to take a summer job tutoring 16 yr old T.J. Callahan who is in recovery from Hodgkins lymphoma.  His parents have rented a summer cottage in the Maldives. 

On route to the cottage, their flight crashes and Anna and T.J. find themselves lost on a deserted island.  Time goes by and they are still not found so Anna and T.J. must survive anyway they can. 

As the years progress, Anna is scared for the recurrence of T.J.'s lymphoma and the fact that he is no longer a boy but a man.

Readability: Very easy.  Nothing hard about reading this book and the author makes nothing confusing.  The chapters alternate between Anna's side and T.J.'s side.

Rating:  I LOVED this book.  LOVED it.  I could not put it down.  Max physically took my kindle from me at 1230pm so that I would go to bed.  I have read hundreds and hundreds of books and this one is definitely one of my favorites.  10 out of 10 for me. 

Recommend:  YES.  Yes, all the way.  This is exactly the type of book I love.  My friends would even like it since it's not set in the "old days" as my usual preference goes.  Yes, there are some far fetched situations in there but hey, it's fiction and who knows.  I've never been deserted on an island so maybe it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment