Wednesday, April 11, 2012

24 weeks



We've hit 6 months!  I know I say this a lot but man alive, this was the fastest 6 months ever.  This week was a bit rougher than normal.  I woke up with a major kink in my back last week and my back hurt so badly.  I went to the chiropractor but he wasn't my normal fellow so he didn't quite get it.  I took baths almost every night to soak it but it still hurt.  Finally today I went to my normal fellow and when he adjusted me, WOW you should have heard that sucker.  I feel 15 times better already and I haven't even passed that "slightly sore" stage I always have after the chiro.  Thank goodness for chiropractors!

I have also been a bit hormonal this week.  I think that I am pretty good at determining when I am being pregnant mad and regular mad and last night I had an episode of pregnant mad.  I came home after doing Liam's newborn photos and the stinking dishes weren't done.  I have developed a habit of getting the dishes done right after dinner and even if I'm not home, the dishes should be done.  Well I got super ticked off at my hubby and went right to the sink to clean them.  And I started crying I was so mad.  Now it's kind of funny.  I think it's a good reason to be mad as far as it's not hard to do the dishes but to get crying mad?  Haha, not so much.

Baby this week has been very into kicking my bladder.  Actually, s/he must be kicking and hitting at the same time because I generally feel a lot of movement down by my bladder but at the same time I get movement at the top of my belly.  Stretches maybe?  I enjoy feeling the little bugger but sometimes s/he gets places that just weren't meant to be kicked.

While this pregnancy is a very easy pregnancy by all standards, I'm realizing that Dexter's was a cakewalk.  Seriously the easiest pregnancy in the world.  I just feel like this baby is so heavy.  I know s/he's measuring 9 days ahead but the baby feels so big!  Maybe Bug is laying further out in my stomach and enjoys the hanging sensation and doesn't like being more towards my back?  I don't know.  I'm getting that feeling of heaviness already though and I didn't hit that with Dexter until almost the end.  I plan on having the doc measure me out again to see if I'm still 9 days ahead or not at my appointment on Friday.

No cravings this week.  Just my  normal obsession with cereal.  I guess I was craving a churro and potato oles from Taco Johns yesterday.  My hubby surprised me with them at work.  What a good hubby (except when he doesn't do the dishes ;) ).  They hit the spot.  And tonight for dinner we had a pork roast which I have been craving for a very long time.  Yum.  That hit the spot as well AND I will have a fantastic lunch for tomorrow.  Double yay!

I'm a little worried on how Dex will do once the baby comes.  He enjoys his freedom but gets very possessive of me when I'm holding another baby.  He's going to have to learn really quick to share!  It was cute though when we were doing my weekly pictures he got interested in my belly :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment