Thursday, May 3, 2012

27 weeks



This previous week and the next couple weeks have been very busy for us.  We are in full out home improvement mode/daycare prep mode/baby prep mode.  Never has time moved as quickly as it is right now and IF this baby follows in Dexter's footsteps in coming at 38 weeks, that only give us 11 weeks to finish up what we need to get done.  And there is A LOT to get done folks.  Max has been working around the clock to get things done, I have been busy tending to Dexter and doing projects after bedtime.  I don't think Max and I have gone to bed before 1030 in a while.  We. Are. TIRED.  I look very tired in this weeks photo. Or maybe because I am so tired I just think I look tired?  I know I have bags under my eyes but this bad boy is photoshopped so I can pretend I look fabulous when I look back on these photos. 

Baby is doing well and growing like a weed.  I think something hormonal is developing in there because the nice "glowing" pregnant skin that I had last week has turned into 14 year old puberty stricken teenage boy skin.  It is not good.  I am trying to just keep my head up and know that it is all pregnancy related but your self confidence can only take so much!  Hopefully whatever is going on in there is just about done so my skin has some time to calm down.  Good thing my hubby loves me no matter what!

I'm confused as to when the 3rd trimester starts.  I've heard 26 weeks, 27 weeks and 28 weeks.  To be safe, I will wait until 28 weeks to consider myself in the third trimester.  Not that I care much... Dexter's 3rd trimester wasn't bad at all.  You just blow up like a German sausage is all and with this baby being in summer, I should expect wayyyyy worse.  I can tell my feet and legs are starting to swell up a little bit already.  Almost time for Max to start rubbing my feet again :)  Haha.

I can't wait for my appt next week to see how I am measuring.  Just today I got a weird look and was told "Are you sure there is only one in there?  Are you sure they have your due date right?".  At your 28 week appt they start measuring so we'll see if baby is still measuring 9 days ahead.  Or more.  I hope they move up my due date. 

Bug has been moving around a lot in there.  I wish I could see sometimes what s/he is doing.  Sometimes I just can't pinpoint what the devil is going on in there!  Some sort of crazy dancing.  From the way it feels it seems like limbs are flying everywhere while baby is head banging or something.  I think we are going to have a crazy baby on our hands!  As long as baby is even tempered.  His/her brother has a temper big enough for two kiddos.

I got the nursery all primed.  I was planning on painting the main coat last night but Max's dad came over to help him with trim and by the time bedtime and after bedtime chores were done, it was after 9 and I wasn't about to start painting at 9pm.  Tonight will be another late night.  I don't think I will be able to paint tonight either.  Maybe I can on Friday.  I'd like to try and get the nursery finished painted by the end of the weekend.  I'm planning on some stripes on the walls so I know measuring will take up a good amount of time.  I need to have two of me... or work part time.  Or not require sleep.  Something!


2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you this week and your measuring large. My sister has been measuring large and she had her ultrasound this week to find out what she is having, and surprise, they found a second baby in there, it was hiding so well, that the ultrasound she had a few weeks earlier had not picked up on the 2nd baby. Good luck!

    Good thing Twins run in our family! :)

    Love you guys,
    Netty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh golly, Max would love that. I would be super shocked if there were two! We have had two ultrasounds so far and only one baby. I think we just have the due date a little off since we had to guess in the first place. We will see!

      Delete