Sunday, April 15, 2012

BIG Decision

So as you know, Max and I are happily anticipating the arrival of baby #2.  We couldn't be happier about this and are making all the preparations we can for baby. 

We have made the big decision that after the baby is born, I will be staying home.  I will also be doing in-home daycare.  We didn't come to this decision lightly but after looking over finances and attempting to budget with two children in daycare, it just didn't make sense.  I have always wanted to be home with Dexter and Max has always wanted me to be home with our kids.  Now with this little one coming we have reached the point where it makes more sense to stay home with my loves and some other parents little loves! 

Our house is buzzing with preparations for not only our fastly approaching due date, but to ready the house for daycare.  I do NOT plan on being a daycare provider that just watched kids for the money and provides no sort of care aside from the basics.  I LOVE the daycare that Dexter is at right now and I plan to model how I do things with how she does things.  We want the house to be as safe and sound as possible and as cozy and fun filled as we can get it. 

I hope to take in 2 full time kids and a part time child in addition to my own two children.  Ideally, I would love to match my own kids ages... so a 2 year old and a 3ish month old.  Then each child would have someone very close in age to play and grow with.  Obviously I am not going to reject anybody because of the age of their kids but that would be an ideal world.  I know Dexter is going to miss his buddy Sven who is 2 1/2 months younger than him.

Our baby is technically due August 1 but I am measuring at July 23 and I went 2 weeks early with Dexter.  I am guessing we will have this baby by the end of July so I would like to start taking kids at the end of September.  I am very flexible though, I will work it out with (God willing) the parents that trust me to watch their kids. 

While, no one ever comments (tsk tsk!) I know a lot of people read this blog.  Blogger offers daily statistics on site hits and I'm amazed at how many people read what I write.  Either way, if you are in my area and you or anyone you know is looking for daycare in that time frame, please give them my name.  I am too uncomfortable to put my phone number on here so if you have it, please feel free to pass it on or message me via Facebook.  I plan on other types of "advertisement" as well but I am open to any form of communication.

Thank you for any help and wish me luck in my new adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Great decision!! I was a licensed day care mom when Lacy was a baby. Lacy and I LOVED being with the kids. My first day care boy's family are dear friends.(32yrs.) Their daughter was named after Lacy. That is the other Lacy I talked about. I am so happy you two decided to go this direction. I know you will be very good caring,teaching and loving your extended family. x o Jodi

    ReplyDelete