Friday, June 1, 2012

31 weeks


We have had a very busy week.  Sorry to say it has been enormously stressful as well.  My hubby has been working so hard at getting the trim all put in and finished.  I feel so horrible that I am just as tired and worn out as him and I have been doing nothing but growing a baby.  He is working all the time and the little time at home he has, he is doing the trim.  I am happy to say we are very close to finishing and the carpet is being installed next Wednesday and Friday.  Apparently our stairs are very difficult and require a full day to themselves.  I don't stinking care, I have a deadline as to when this stuff will be done.  I can come home in one week from today and I will finally be able to put furniture in the right places, I will be able to get the daycare area set up and ready for home visits from parents, I will have the nursery put together and have places to put the baby's things that are now currently in the daycare area and most importantly, my house will stay clean :)  Oh what a wonderful feeling.  I'm sure Max is excited to not have so much crap to do as well.  He really has been a trooper.

As far as baby goes, s/he is doing wonderful.  We had our 30 week appointment.  Heartbeat was at 141 and baby is still measuring 3 weeks ahead.  They won't be moving my due date but said to expect something more along the lines of July 15th.  We will have an ultrasound to determine how big baby is but not until we are a bit closer.  Max and I didn't pay close enough attention to see if that would be my next appt at 32 weeks (which is what I thought he said) or a couple weeks after that (which is what Max thought he said).  Either way, I have stopped worrying about it.  I know for sure that we have a big baby in there that probably has a due date that is a little off and I can probably expect to meet him/her in roughly 6/7 weeks.  As long as baby is healthy, I don't care anymore. 

I have also decided to stop stressing about my projects that need to get done.  Once the carpet is in and the house is back to normal, I will then get the rest of baby's projects finished.  I don't have anywhere to put stuff right now anyway.  So, I need to get a twin mattress for Mr. Dexter since we will be switching him over to a big boy bed next week (I don't want to dissemble the crib for the carpet installation, re-put it back together in his room and then dissemble it again in a couple months to put in the new nursery.  Might as well just dissemble once and put in new nursery right away.)  I also need to figure out a dresser for baby.  I was going to buy one at IKEA but the dog gone one I wanted was out of stock and no shipment date was in sight.  Crap.  I'll figure it out.  I won't stress about it.  (Repeat over and over.)

I am starting to feel very large.  This baby really likes to lay at the edge of my belly... basically so s/he is laying as far out as possible.  I suppose if I am measuring 34 weeks at this point instead of 31, it makes since I am feeling so big.  I am so HAPPY to say I have no stretch marks yet from this little one.  I have been paying very close attention.  According to the doc, my weight gain has been pretty on par to what it's supposed to be.  Yay!  I don't think we will hit that 60 lb mark that we did with Dex's pregnancy.  Yikes.  Let's hope not anyway.  I am loving raisins this week.  Raisin and spice oatmeal, Raisin Bran Crunch, chocolate cake with raisins.  All of it, YUM.  Cereal, as always, is a fan favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment