Wednesday, May 23, 2012

30 weeks


This week marks the first time I felt the baby have the hiccups.  This is much later than when I felt it with Dexter but maybe this baby doesn't get hiccups much?  It sure seems like s/he does.  Now that I have felt it once, I have been feeling it quite often.  I think it is the sweetest little feeling.  I picture my sweet, sweet baby shaking with the hiccups.  Cute!

This week also marks the first time I have had contractions and not be in labor.  On Sunday night around 8 they started to come one.  Not super painful at all but definitely more than period cramps.  They were fairly consistent and lasted a couple of hours.  After reading a bit on the internet, I chugged some water (which I do not drink enough of) and watched part of a movie while laying on my left side.  They subsided after I did that.  I had a few braxton's with Dex but this was the first I've had contractions with no labor.  Thank goodness I didn't go into labor!  That would have been terrifying having the baby so early.

I was supposed to have my doc appt next Friday (we decided to go every 3 weeks since my pregnancies are so easy and uncomplicated) but this whole "3 weeks ahead, maybe move up due date" thing is driving me insane.  I need to know what's going on so I moved the appt up to this Friday.  I am fairly positive he will keep my due date the same and just expect baby a bit earlier but I'd like to know.  We are on a tight budget time-wise as it is...  a couple weeks is a couple weeks.

I have mighty big plans for this weekend.  I am finishing the nursery on Friday (first coat tomorrow, second coat Friday) and over my splendid 4 day weekend, I am sanding and painting the dresser and the changing table for baby.  Max has also finished trimming up the office so we can FINALLY move the computers out of the "new" daycare room.  I'm being a bit of an overachiever in thinking about painting the office as well.  It really needs it and it would be so handy to do it while all the furniture is out of there.  We'll have to see about that one though.  I also want to finish up some sewing projects and get the mobile made.  How I will do all of this with a toddler running around?  I have no idea, but I will do the best I can! 

Ugh... as a side note, my weekly pictures are making me really think about a haircut.  Man oh man is my hair fugly.  I'm terrified to cut bangs though and then hate them.  But sheesh, I need to do something!

3 comments:

  1. Did I take a good picture? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take lovely pictures my dear :) Too bad the subject (particularly the hair) isn't so great :P Belly looks good though!

      Delete
    2. Eh, who cares about you - we just like your belly ;)

      Delete