Saturday, June 23, 2012

34 weeks


Sorry, I am late writing this.  It is has been very busy, like usual, and I went to bed early one night instead of writing this. 

I am very tired this week.  So, so, so physically tired.  This baby is wearing me out!  My belly is getting quite heavy and the baby is so low at times it honestly is like there is an invisible grapefruit between my legs.  By the time I put Dexter to bed, I have no energy for other projects.  I do them anyway, but that just makes the end of the week very hard.  Once I do get to sleep, I sleep like a rock which is fantastic.  The 3+ times I have to get up to pee?  Not fantastic but part of late pregnancy.

My ultrasound was on Wednesday.  Baby looked so healthy and wonderful.  We saw his/her heartbeat which was at 137 I believe.  Turns out, baby is running exactly on track and there is no extra fluid.  Baby A2 just likes to hang out as far as possible which is making me measure big, and look much bigger than I am.  I feel relief in knowing that I have extra time to get things done and then I feel disappointment that we won't meet who is in there early.  My guess is that Bug will come around 38 weeks like Dexter did.  So that gives us a month. 

Bug is still as active as ever and very strong.  S/he gets the hiccups often and they shake his/her body so badly that my whole belly wobbles when s/he has them.  It sort of cracks me up but I'll bet it's annoying for Bug.  Dexter had the hiccups a lot too and they were also very strong. 

Two nights ago I was woken up out of a dead sleep by a very intense contraction.  I can't remember too much of it because I was still out of it from sleeping but I woke Max up with my gripping on him and he said it lasted about 20 seconds.  He thought I was going into labor but it was just the one and then they went away and we went back to sleep.  It's funny how you obviously remember how painful giving birth is but then you are physically reminded and you end up cringing thinking about it.  OUCH. 

Coke is the craving of the week.  I love my coke.  I used to be a die hard Pepsi fan but after Dexter's pregnancy, I really don't like the stuff and much prefer Coke.  I have a cup of it right next to me as we speak and I won't feel guilty about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment