Friday, September 20, 2013

19 weeks


Oh my gosh.  This is my halfway point.  19 weeks is my halfway point.  I haven't made it to 40 weeks yet so this is my halfway point.  Holy crap.  How is this pregnancy half done already?  I'm not ready.  I'm not ready to be a mom of 3.  I will be, don't get me wrong, but I'm not ready right now.  This halfway business freaks me out. 

Next week is my ultrasound and I can't WAIT to see my baby.  I can't wait to see him/her moving around and see his/her little face and hands and feet.  To see that little heartbeat bomp, bomp, bomping and see the 4 chambers.  I can't wait to NOT see the sex of the baby.  Well, hopefully.  I'm always scared baby will be legs spread right when the doc puts the sonar thing on my belly and that would ruin it.  So far we have been lucky.  In my opinion, there just isn't anything like the moment where not only do you get to meet your baby for the first time but you also get to finally see if it's a boy or a girl.  I think it gives you a little extra push to help get through labor.  I plan on laboring naturally this time so I'm sure that will help keep me going.

This week has been relatively normal.  My hormones have been much more tamed down and a result my mood swings much more manageable.  I think everyone in the family appreciates that. 

Cookie is very active.  S/he is either doing nothing, or in high gear kicking and swirling around in there.  S/he better enjoy the room now because it will only get more crowded.  The little stubborn bugger though won't move when a hand in on my belly.  I'm pretty sure the kicks are strong enough to feel from the outside now but every time baby is in a kicking mood, the second I put my hand or Max's hand on my belly the baby stops.  S/he will not move at all until the hand is removed.  This could be 5 minutes or I have been still like that for 20.  Right when the hand moves though it's back to party time.

We knocked one big "to-do" off the list this week which lifts a big weight off my shoulders.  We still need to get a bunk bed and another twin mattress before Cookie comes.  Simon can't be sleeping in the crib with the baby now can he!  Dexter will get kicked out of his bed into the top bunk, Simon will get kicked out of his crib into the bottom bunk (well secured though with bed rails) and then baby will have the crib.  I'm not worried at all about how Dex will do on the top bunk.  He climbs the ladders on the swing set just fine.  I am worried at how Simon will do with the freedom to get on and off his bed.  Dex switched over like a champion at 18 months when I was 7 months pregnant with Simon.  Didn't even change his sleeping habits.  I hope it's the same for Simon.  How lucky can two parents get though?

No comments:

Post a Comment