Friday, September 13, 2013

18 weeks


This week has been better than last week.  My hormones have been much more manageable and my moods much more... predictable.  Poor Max.  We were talking about it the other night and even Max had to agree that I have been much more moody this time around.  Of course I had mood swings and hormone episodes when I was pregnant with Dexter and Simon but nothing compared to what this little baby is producing this time around.  If I didn't know any better I would say it was a girl in there causing all this havoc.  Only a girl causes so much drama :) 

I am starving all the time now.  I need to eat at least 4 times a day with a snack to keep my stomach from being in a constant growl mode.  This is a difficult task seeing as I take care of 5 kids aged 3 and under all day long.  I have to steal bites here and there without any of them knowing because heaven forbid any of them see me eating when they are not.  There is hell to pay when that happens.  I'm not digging the veggies and have been trying to eat fruit but since I don't like most fruit that is tough.  We go through a lot of apples and bananas right now.  Max bugs me all the time that I'm not eating enough vegetables.  I have to agree to a point but he eats like 2 pounds of veggies in a day and I'm not about to copy that.  Forget about it.

I can feel the baby rolling around in there now.  At first it was just the flutters, the little butterfly wings or bubbles.  Then it moved on to distinct kicks and little pops where baby was stretching or just moving around and now I can definitely feel rolling.  The baby won't kick or anything but when s/he changes position I can feel the roll of baby shifting.  It's nice to feel this constant reminder that Cookie is healthy and growing.  I know a lot of first time mom's don't even feel their little ones until now or even later.  I didn't feel Dexter for the first time until 18 weeks.

Slight insomnia has kicked in.  I have to remind myself that this is phase that I encountered with each of my pregnancies and it will go away.  Technically, normal people could function just fine of my amount of sleep I get every night but pregnant me (especially pregnant daycare provider me) needs much more sleep.  I got lucky one night and was able to fall asleep around 10 but now I'm so far behind on sleep I walk around with my eyes burning. 

We still haven't completely nailed down names yet.  We have the girl name, thank goodness and we have a pretty good pick for the boy but haven't finalized it.  I guess it just needs more time to brew.  Hopefully we can get it finalized within 2 weeks because my goal was to have the names picked out before my ultrasound which is a little over 2 weeks away. 

TWO WEEKS.  I am halfway done with this pregnancy already in TWO WEEKS.  Actually, if you average out my other pregnancies next week is more like the middle point for me.  I had Dex at 38 weeks 2 days and Simon at exactly 39 weeks.  This is the fastest pregnancy on planet earth.

FYI- my belly looks smaller this week because for once I didn't take the photo right after dinner.  Seriously, food makes my stomach ginormous.

No comments:

Post a Comment