Thursday, May 10, 2012

28 weeks



We are officially in the third trimester!  Every week I say the same thing but time whishes by like the springtime wind.  Before I know it, baby will be here and I will finally know who is in there!

Baby and I have had a very good week.  My back hasn't been bothering me at all and while I'm still not interested in food other than breakfast foods, I don't have a problem eating what's put in front of me.  My bump is an excellent resting place for my poor teething toddler who needs comfort from Momma quite frequently.  I think I will miss having that extra support to hold Dex since he's such a hefty fellow.

Baby's favorite place to kick has shifted from my bladder to the ribs on my right side.  S/he is continually kicking/rubbing his/her butt against them.  It doesn't feel good I can tell you that.  I don't like to say it hurts, makes me feel like a wuss but dang, that baby is strong!  Too bad s/he couldn't at least trade off sides so my right side gets a break. 

I had my 28 week appt yesterday.  I got that nasty glucose test done.  That orange sugar concoction tasted exactly as I remembered.  It's not as horrible as one would imagine but definitely not pleasant.  I decided with Dexter and stayed the same with this one that chugging is the just the best route to go.  My appt went well.  Baby's heart rate was at 131.  I am having no problems.  I feel a lot more pressure on my pelvis than I did with Dexter but I'm carrying this baby lower than I did with Dexter.  I've had a few braxtons I think but not very many and the doc didn't seem worried about it.  We did have a slight surprise in that when he went to measure me (for the first time since the ultrasound where I was measuring 9 days ahead) we discovered that I am now measuring 3 weeks ahead.  He seemed a bit surprised but assured me there was only one in there.  Since we had to guess on the due date for this little one he said we probably guessed wrong.  If I measure that large at my next appt then we will do another ultrasound and re-determine the due date.  Hopefully it's not gestational diabetes since I know that produces large babies.  I do NOT want to attempt that diet they make you go on.

Either way Max and I have decided that our very small time crunch has now gotten smaller so all this stuff we still have on our list needs to be done even quicker.  Yikes!  We are still installing trim, need to figure out carpet, need to figure out either a bed/crib for Dex or baby, prep for daycare, organize all the clothes and have newborn boy & girl washed and available, prep all the diapers (and buy more diapers), and the list goes on and on.  Yeeowzers!

No comments:

Post a Comment