Friday, May 18, 2012

29 weeks



Sorry folks, this was a boring week.  Baby is growing like a weed and is very active even for the limited space s/he is in.  Poor babe is getting less and less space every day!  Lots of rolling around and sticking his/her butt up in the air.  It amuses me to see a big bum in my tummy that I know is the baby’s butt sticking up. 


My right ribs are still a fan favorite in there.  Sometimes s/he gets them so hard it really hurts!  Some things are just not meant to be kicks.  


Baby has dropped down even further.  I feel like if s/he goes down anymore it will be time to come out.  The pressure on my pelvis gets extreme when I walk a lot or sit for too long.  Again, this is much earlier than when I was pregnant with Dexter.  Everything about this pregnancy though is much earlier than it was with Dexter.


I have the second coat of paint up in the nursery so once I get my Mom to come over we can start measuring for the stripes!  I’m very excited for that.  AND I actually got Max to agree to carpet now!  My babies won’t have plank/plywood floors!  Yay!  I hate those floors.  Not only are the unattractive in every way but they aren’t child friendly.  Dexter will be in a big boy bed soon and I don’t want him to be playing on floors like that.  Plus it will make daycare parents feel better too since the kiddos will be napping upstairs. 


I started doing some baby prep stuff last night.  This baby will be hitting solids around November/December and yummy fruit is not on sale at that time so I am going to start buying this summer and freezing it so when it comes time to whip up baby food, I am prepared and have good stuff for baby.  I bought tons of strawberries since they were on sale and yesterday I got them ready to freeze.  They should be all ready by now.  I also started cutting up the fabric for nursing pads.  Man alive, my hands were cramping up after cutting up all those circles.  I need to wash my cotton batting and then I can start piecing them together.  I will start cutting up the wipes this weekend too if I find time.  Those I can start using now if I wanted but I think I will wait until the baby comes.


I went through and found all the cloth diapers we have so far for the baby.  While we have a lot, we still need quite a few so I will be searching the sales online.  I think we need a minimum of 10 more diapers.  I would feel more comfortable with 15 more but we will see.  I don’t mind buying secondhand as long as I know they are in good condition. 


As far as I’m concerned, based on my current due date of August 1, I am planning on 9 weeks until baby!  Based on my size though, I’m planning on less than 8 weeks!  Baby will be here so quickly… I can’t wait to see my little lovebug and see who has been causing such havoc in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment