Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

 
 A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

Summary: Ralph Truitt, a wealth older man who is lonely and troubled by his past puts an ad in the paper for a bride. Catherine Land is soon sent for to come to the harsh land of Wisconsin to meet and marry Ralph. Ralph is soon transfixed and in love with Catherine but does not know she has a secret. Ralph sends Catherine on a journey to help him bring back his long lost son and that decision will change everything.
Readability: Fairly easy. It did get a bit slow but the language was not difficult and it was not difficult to follow along.

Rating: I would say 5 out of 10. Not something I will probably read again. The author tended to drone on and on. It made me feel anxious to get to the next part just because I was bored which I did do a couple of times. I hate to stop a book in the middle though so I kept on reading.
Recommend: No, I would say not. Unless boring is your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment