Sunday, November 24, 2013

28 weeks


Welcome to the fastest pregnancy known to man.  In real time that means Welcome Third Trimester. 

Holy Moses.

This honestly is the fastest pregnancy.  How has the 3rd trimester creeped up on me like this?  I'm entering panic mode.  I have all the material things I need for the baby... clothes (well, I have enough girl clothes to get me through a week), blankets, diapers, car seat and boobs for feeding.  I do not have any sort of mental prep done for this third wee baby of ours.  I realize that there really isn't a way to prep for 3 kids 3 years and under but come ON. 

Holy Moses.

Ok.  Moving on.

I have sorted through newborn girl and boy clothes.  I have taken off the car seat cover to add to the clothes to wash.  I need to pull off the cover on the swing and the bouncer to wash.  I need to acquire some bed rails so I can kick Simon out of the crib and into the bunk bed/room he will now share with Dexter.  I need to wash/strip all the newborn cloth diapers I have. 

I have time.  I realize this BUT the holidays are going to whiz by and command all my time so once they are finally done and things settle down I will only have a month until baby arrives.  I would like to spend that month concentrating on the boys and preparing them rather than preparing for baby.  I can do that now and be done with it.

This week I have felt pretty good.  I have had a major shift in how I feel and have been very upbeat and chipper.  I have had a few comments on that actually... makes me realize how horrible I was.  I'm a little behind on sleep but that is due to my 3 year old and not to the baby.  I'm sleeping pretty good when I actually get to.

I started getting Braxton Hicks already.  I never got them this early with the boys.  I had forgotten all about them.  I was feeling a bit crampy and weird on Thursday and couldn't figure out why.  I chalked it up to the fact that I had carried around the two 1 year olds at the same time a couple times throughout the day and I know I'm not supposed to do that.  I took it easy that night and laid around and drank lots of water.  (Something I do not do enough of.)  Finally, around 8 at night it hit me.  Braxton Hicks.  I was having cramps but the rest of the "weird" was Braxton Hicks.  You would think after two full term pregnancies I would remember those things but I didn't.  They seem to come on when I over-do it so they are my alarm that I need to take it easy. 

Monday is my glucose test.  I'm not really looking forward to that but it's not THAT bad.  Ugh.  I'm trying to remember if you pee in the cup first and they take your blood second or if you get blood taken both times.  I can't remember.  Do you guys remember?  I guess it doesn't matter... if I pee in the cup though I will try to be really good about drinking water so that I don't get another lecture on not drinking enough.  Water is just... blah though.  I can't do it.  It doesn't sit well. 

I'm looking forward to getting measured though.  28 weeks marks when they start measuring me with the tape measurer to see if I'm on track or not.  This point in time is where we discovered Simon was measuring 3-6 weeks ahead of schedule and had to have another ultrasound done.  I don't want another ultrasound.  Ultrasounds just mean more of a chance to accidentally find out baby's sex.  I want that surprise at the end.

I ordered a book today on natural childbirth.  I want to do everything I can to try and stay in the mindset that I can do this.  I can get through the pain.  I am woman hear me roar.  I didn't get an epidural with Dexter until I was 10 cm dilated.  I dilated so fast that when they started I was a 7 and when they finished it was push time.  I was able to experience pain-free birth for the final step.  If I would have known that I would have gone naturally for Dexter. 

I'm rambling.  The point was I know what I am going to experience and I know that it is a good idea for me to do as much mental preparing as possible and find the things that work for me and teach Max what he needs to do to encourage me to get through it.  I will do this.

P.S.  I know my outfit is rocking in this weeks picture.  Remember, I have been without a washer for TWO WEEKS.  I'm down to the nitty gritty of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment