Monday, November 11, 2013

26 weeks



This past week was pretty boring in terms of my pregnancy.  I didn't feel much different than the week before.  Baby is still such an active night baby.  I'm really dreading when I have to turn that around once s/he is out.  Although, s/he must be starting to be awake a bit more because there is an added time frame around 9am where baby is up moving for a wee little bit.  Then the rest of the day baby is silent and sleeping.  Come 9pm, give or take 10 minutes, baby is up and at it all night long.  Yikes.

I happily am still stretch mark free.  I know I will get them because they will come in the exact spots that they were for my previous pregnancies but lucky for me, they are not on my stomach.  My rear end looks like a road map at the end of pregnancy though... was that TMI for you?  I don't care. 

I suppose I can tell you that pregnancy does not do nice things for my eczema.  I don't have much of it but where I do have it is always badly inflamed during pregnancy.  Something about the hormones makes it flare up.  Unfortunately, my eczema is on my face and so I think it looks like I constantly have waxed off a Go-T.  You will not see this in my photos because I edit them out.  That's right, I am a liar.  I am a photo liar.  But, I figure, I do not need to see visual reminders of this particular symptom of my pregnancies.  It's bad enough I am telling you and now you will look for it every time you see me.  Don't do that.  My fragile ego won't be able to take it. 

I've been getting more sleep lately so that I helping with my exhaustion.  I thought it would be helping a lot more than it is so that really tells me I have been over-doing it.  Soon, things will calm down for me and I will be able to regularly get more sleep and take more breaks during the day.  Well, not during the week.  Ha, like small kids let you get a break.  My soundtrack of getting off the floor from playing with the kids is quite comical.  There is a lot of groaning, sighing and finally an "ahhh" when I am on 2 feet.  I think I will have to put a chair in the toy room so I don't have to sit on the floor anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment