Friday, August 30, 2013

16 weeks




Lovely picture.  I know.  Max is in Vegas so I had to set up the tripod and figure out positioning all by my lonesome.  My sons were no help at all.  So this is like take 5 and I'm kind of cranky and so you get this face.  If I can deal, so can you.

This was a slightly eventful week.  I had my doctor appointment this past Monday.  Cookie sounded very healthy and had a heartbeat at 153.  Little bugger was super active though and only would stay in one spot for about 3 seconds before you could hear the heartbeat fade away.  Then the doc would have to search for him/her again. I wonder if this is a preview of how active the baby will be once s/he is moving around. 

Other than that everything else checked out ok.  This was my first visit in the office so it was my initial OB appointment.  I had to have the regular tests done plus a couple extra since I am contemplating a water birth this time.  I really want to go all natural when I give birth to Cookie and I have heard a water birth is really helpful in dealing with the pain so why not.  I love baths.  Why not be in extreme pain while in a nice "relaxing" tub?

I also had to have my thyroid tested since I am experiencing hot flashes.  It is almost embarrassing to type that.  It makes me feel like I am in menopause which isn't embarrassing at all.  It is ridiculous to be embarrassed about that.  I am pregnant and it screws up your body.  Anyway, this is the first pregnancy I am experiencing hot flashes so doc just wanted to be sure everything was copacetic. I actually haven't gotten the result back yet.  Hmm, I was supposed to hear back within 24 hours.  I'll have to call on Tuesday.  I'm sure if something was really wrong they would call, right?  Dog gone it.

I'm disappointed by my weight gain.  I gained 59 pounds while pregnant with Dexter and 55 pounds while pregnant with Simon.  That's a LOT.  I didn't watch what I ate while pregnant with Dexter and so when I was pregnant with Simon I ate much more carefully.  Obviously it did nothing as I still gained that much weight.  I have been trying to be really mindful of what I am eating this time so I don't gain so much.  I thought I was doing extremely well but the scale said differently.  I am in no way going to tell you how much I have gained thus far but just know it's too much. 

Heartburn has also kicked in already.  The other night I was drinking water before bed and that gave me heartburn.  It's always so annoying when something like water gives you heartburn.  I don't get it all the time like you do at the end but it's started.  It's never started this early before.  What the heck. 

I had a scare the other night.  I woke up around 1am to some cramping.  It was coming in regular intervals and I got terrified that something was wrong with the baby.  I downed two giant bottles of water and laid on my side.  I know if you are dehydrated it can bring on contractions.  After 45 minutes or so it finally subsided, thank goodness.  It always amazes me how much you can love someone you have never met.  Nothing like a night like that to remind you how much you love the little miracle growing inside of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment