Sunday, August 18, 2013

14 weeks


The last week has gone by uneventfully. I am officially in my 2nd trimester. Already. I was hoping for that magical tired switch to finally be turned off but it's still on. I feel like I'm not as tired as I was but still tired. I have a hard time if I go to bed too late (aka 930) or if I don't get that small respite during the kids nap. obviously this won't happen all the time and I just have to deal with it. Perhaps the more kids you have the longer this particular symptom lasts. I will have to test this theory I guess when we continue on this baby making path.

Dexter still loves to talk to my belly and feels like he isn't REALLY talking to the baby unless my shirt is pulled up and my belly exposed. He says this means the "door" is open. Dexter really doesn't like shut doors so he assumes the baby doesn't either. He has also been pretty consistently telling us the baby is a boy now. Typical man, can't make up his mind.

  I can't sleep on my belly comfortably anymore. This seems really early especially since I am a stomach sleeper. I was able to last a lot longer with the other two. It is possible, yes, but not comfortable. I'll miss it very much.

I have made the switch into maternity clothes. I was not looking forward to this and still don't enjoy it. I am not quite big enough for them but my regular clothes are just too tight and uncomfortable. I also stretched out all my clothes when I was pregnant with Dexter and dealt with it but I have gotten new clothes since and I don't want to ruin them. I know I have said I look forward to the 20 weeks belly and I am still, for more reasons now, looking forward to it.

I spent some time with my little niece recently and it made me really look forward to having a wee little one around the house again. Yes they are more work but oh, the cuddles! I am having a hard time really believing that is in my near future. Obviously I know I am pregnant and we have started to get junk we need but to actually be around a baby was a different type of eye opener. Simon has just grown so fast it's hard to remember him as just a little one. Uh oh, I better stop there. I'll start to get teary thinking of my kiddos when they were babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment