Friday, August 9, 2013

13 weeks



The weeks are going by pretty quickly!  I just know this pregnancy is going to whiz by and before I know it this baby will be making his/her way out.  I can't picture having 3 kids yet so I'm glad there is time!  Plus, it will be winter when this baby comes and I'm definitely not ready for winter.

I'm having all the same symptoms as previous weeks... well ONE symptom.  Exhaustion.  Tired, tired, tired.  I can't get enough sleep.  I have never been blessed with the ability to take a nap so I need my 11 hours of sleep a night to make it though the day.  I also need the kids 2nd nap to be able to collapse on the couch and recover from the morning.  Every pregnancy you have the more tired you are it seems.  I remember being so tired when I was pregnant with Dexter and I couldn't even believe the lack of energy I had.  I spent so much time on the couch.  Now I look back and laugh at myself.  This brief amount of time I get to write this blog is about how much time I'll get sitting down until 2nd nap.

Max and I started getting some stuff for Cookie.  A couple weeks ago we bought a newborn stash of cloth diapers for Cookie so I suppose we started preparing then but this week we bought our new infant seat for the little mister/misses and we bought a new car seat for Dexter.  We plan on keeping our Camry and shoving everyone into the back seat so we needed to get some different car seats so they all fit.  Again, Max and I are on crazy pills.  Max is an incredibly gifted debater (especially against me, who cannot argue my side for anything) and he says that 2-3 car seats are going to cost us a heck of a lot less than a van.  I guess I can see the point in that. 

Anyway, so Cookie gets the Graco Snugride 35 in Orlando and Dexter gets the Diono Radian R100.  We will start with these two seats and hopefully one of the seats we already have will continue to work for Simon.  If not, well then I guess Simon gets a new seat as well.  All the research I did on 3 car seats in a small car showed that to have 3 seats across you need a Diono Radian.  It is the narrowest seat with the best safety rating.  Spendy freaking bugger let me tell you. 

I'm still waiting to feel Cookie for the first time.  I am thinking that the little bops I'm feeling is probably just my muscles stretching.  I'm excited because I felt Simon at 14 weeks so if that holds again, I only have to wait a week!  THEN things will really seem real.  Another little baby to cuddle and love.

My poor boobs only get an 8 month break from breastfeeding.  Poor things.

I feel like I'm quite big for 13 weeks.   I did a comparison of all the kiddos. I guess my uterus never gets a break either :)





No comments:

Post a Comment