Friday, October 25, 2013

24 weeks



24 weeks.  Is this considered 6 months?  The way they measure pregnancy is ridiculous.  I'm 24 weeks but technically I'd really only be 5 months.  They say pregnancy is 9 months but really you are pregnant for roughly 40 weeks which if you are measuring every 4 weeks would be 10 months.  This is a constant bicker back and forth between Max and I.  Not a bicker, more like a friendly banter.

I'm rambling.  This should give you your first clue to how I feel.  I'm beyond tired. (I know I say this every week.)  Thankfully, this has nothing to do with my pregnancy.  I am so fortunate to have had 2 healthy, easy full term pregnancies and this pregnancy is proving to follow in those footsteps as well.  October has been insane for photography so I spend 10ish hours a day watching kids, make dinner, spend time with my family and once the kids are in bed I am up all night editing photos.  I am overdoing it right now.  I acknowledge it and understand why I am getting stern talks from family.  This is temporary.  I would never put Cookie in harms way but I don't think a lack of sleep will hurt Cookie too much.

Staying up all night just solidifies my knowledge that Cookie is on the opposite schedule.  S/he keeps me company as I am editing.  The baby really gets irritated when I am sitting at my computer chair for too long.  Things must be getting cramped in there!  I think I felt the hiccups a few times but as soon as it registers that the baby has been consistently doing something in there, it stops.  Of course.

This is also my first pregnancy to have my belly button pop out.  It doesn't show in my picture but it has popped.  I never found that to be attractive on a pregnant belly but one can't choose I guess!  I think Dex and Simon have gotten the baby confused with my belly button and always motion to my belly button when talking about the baby or when they want to kiss the baby.  The baby isn't anywhere else in this belly of mine. 

Today is the first day that I have felt uncomfortable.  Nothing severe mind you.  Come on, I have been 39 weeks pregnant at the end of July... nothing compares to that.  I think the baby was sitting as far out in my belly as possible and it just made all my movements kind of awkward and made moving around a little tougher.  It's a 3 step process to get myself off the floor (which I do often being a daycare provider) and oh man, hiking up the stairs with the 1 year olds in my arms is a work out.  If I don't gain as much this pregnancy I know it will be because of those stairs.  I have had to consciously give up holding two of the babies at a time which is really annoying because it makes for extra trips for me.  Each kid is roughly 25 lbs so its probably not smart to regularly lift 50 lbs at a time.  I know what you are thinking... you are right.  I have some guns on these arms :)  Ask my husband.  I look puny but I bet I pack a punch.  Oh yeah.

I have my 24 week apt on Monday so I will have some direct baby news to report then and, ugh, knowledge of my weight gain.  Dumb.  And I made my apt for after lunch so I could coincide it with the boys' wellness checks so dog gone lunch will show up on the scale as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment