Friday, October 4, 2013

21 weeks


I am brain fried.  I think we all should be happy I'm even capable of writing this today.  I have had major insomnia these last couple nights.  If even the slightest thing wakes me up at night, I have no ability to go back to sleep.  The combination of no sleep and running a daycare has me a bit frazzled and, well, brain fried.  I don't recall this particular thing happening when pregnant with the boys.  It's really annoying.  Granted, I am getting some reading done at night and have found Facebook really is completely dead at 3 in the morning but I really would prefer sleep.

Oh my ultrasound!  We saw our precious baby this past Monday.  It was amazing.  Cookie is growing directly on track for his/her due date.  They guessed he was about 12 ounces right now and everything is developing normally.  We got especially good pictures of his/her face and the facial features were so clear.  We definitely know there is no cleft lip, both lips were formed perfectly.  Cookie was asleep all morning until we walked into the room and then s/he was crazy!  It was fun not only feeling what Cookie was doing but seeing exactly what was causing those feelings on the screen.  The heartbeat was at 146 beats per minute.  My weight seems to be much better for this appointment.  Much easier to handle.  No.  I'm not telling you what it is.  I wrote it down in Cookie's journal so that I could track it there.  Then it's a secret.  Nosy peeps you are.

My belly is going to get so much bigger, this I know but holding two daycare kids at a time is getting a big excessive.  Going up the stairs 18 times to put everyone down for a nap is getting a little more tiring too.  My belly is definitely growing and starting to get in the way.  When Simon hangs on to my legs he really has to tip his head back to see my face.  It's pretty comical.  Soon he will just fall backwards if he isn't careful!

I gave up sleeping on my stomach a while ago but now I have to admit I shouldn't sleep on my back anymore.  I get a weird feeling in my lower back when I do and I know it's because the baby is too heavy to be laying on that nerve behind the uterus.  Bummer.  Just another reason why I can't sleep.  I take up way too much of the bed now because I try to get as close to sleeping on my stomach as possible but I have to jut out my leg so it hoists up my belly and it results in 2/3 of the bed being mine.  Technically, as I am 2 people, I should get 2/3 of the bed, right? 

Chocolate is amazing this week.  I have gotten to stuff my face with chocolate cupcakes, brownies and we always have butterfingers in the fridge now.  Yum-o.  I better watch this particular craving.  It could bit me in the butt... or just plain stay in my butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment