Thursday, July 12, 2012

37 weeks


I am full term!  That means I am officially routing for baby to GET.OUT!  Yes, any time baby is cooking after this is good, good for baby.  Momma is HOT.  Momma's feet HURT.  Momma's hips HURT.  Momma is starting to get squishy like the Pillsbury Doughboy.  Momma is ready. 

My feet really do hurt.  The swelling is making my heels get cracks in them.  I have never had this problem before but it really is irritating!  I don't know what to do to make it feel better.  I read on the internet to try soaking them in Epsom salts.  I tried that... my feet look better but don't feel much better.  Good thing I waddle anyway because if I didn't I would be limping. 

Still keeping up with the braxtons.  Not as many contractions but still a few here or there.  This morning I woke up feeling very crampy and felt that way all morning.  It seems to have calmed down now.  Bummer, I was hoping they would turn into the real deal.  With all my hoping for labor to start RIGHT NOW I'm sure I will go right up until 40 weeks or later.  I jinxed myself.  Max doesn't believe in jinxing.  Poppycosh.  I jinx myself all the time.  Hopefully I am wrong.

I've been visiting the chiropractor regularly so that my body is all in alignment.  I fully feel like going to the chiropractor helps baby wiggle down in the right spot and make labor faster.  Obviously it helps with your back anyway when you are carrying such a load in front.

I had my 36 week check up last Friday.  I tested positive for GBS again.  I am super bummed about that because the penicillin really burns when it goes in.  Plus it's annoying.  And it makes me feel like I'm dirty or something.  I know lots of preggos are positive for GBS so I shouldn't whine but that is how I feel.  Either way.  Baby is measuring 36 weeks this time which is funny because at my 33 or 34 week appt baby was measuring 36 1/2 weeks.  S/he really was in a funny position!  I am currently 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced so a little progress!  That was exactly what I was at Dexter's 36 week appt.  We'll see what tomorrow's appt brings.  I hope we see a 3cm and 75% effaced :)  I remember what Dexter's 37 week appt was so we'll see if that one matches too.

No comments:

Post a Comment