Thursday, July 5, 2012

36 weeks


Woot woot!  We are honing in on that finish line!  I have to say, I really love being pregnant, I do.  But this heat, man oh  man, this is rough stuff when you are 9 months pregnant.  I'm already sweating like a pig when it's 75 degrees out let alone 95+!  Not my cup of tea.  The other day I begged Max to go over to my friend Nikki's to go swimming so I could cool off.  (Thanks Nikki!!!!!)  It was heavenly to get in the water and cool off.  And yes, I was wearing a bikini... I'm sure that was a surprise to their neighbors driving by!  Seeing a big huge pregnant lady in a bikini.  

Lots and lots and lots of braxtons.  The other day I had them every couple of minutes for about 2 hours.  I usually get a couple of real contractions every day now but nothing serious and nothing that is consistent.  I suppose you can toss in cramps too.  My hips are still bothering me but not as much as last week.  All preparations for birth and you know what?  I am stinking fine with that.  I am ready to take off this fat suit and meet my little love that is in there.  Come 37 weeks, I might just start those old tricks for inducing labor on your own.  Not the spicy food though, we won't go there.  I can't handle spice.

We decided to change our girls name.  I got cold feet again on both our boy and girl names but after a couple days, I liked our boy name again.  Our girl name though, I had to go back to our original.  It just didn't seem right to not use that name.  I'm glad that Max is understanding and went back to our original even though he really, really liked our 2nd name and it had sentimental value as it is a family name.  We can save it for baby girl #2 if this one is a girl. 

We are ready for baby to come out as far as preparations go.  Yes, I have some sewing projects that I need to get done but nothing urgent.  Nothing that can't be done after baby.  We got all of our diapers and they are prepped and washed.  I have all of the covers washed for the bouncer, the swing, the bassinet stuff, etc.  Clothes are ready to go.  The only thing I need to do and better do it this weekend is pack my bag for the hospital and pack Dexter's bag for Grandma's house.  That won't take long though.  Plus, how do you pack when you don't know when you will need the clothes?  I do not have a lot of clothes and will probably end up foraging in there for what I packed.  Seems like a waste of time.

A2 is still active, keeping to his/her schedule and I think getting irritated with the lack of space in there.  Understandable... very understandable.  Baby gets the hiccups about 3-4 times a day.  I like feeling his/her hiccups.  I think it's incredibly cute!  I don't have much to report otherwise.  I just want to meet who is in there!  I want to see who has been growing and kicking and punching me!  Who do I love oh so much?!

1 comment: