Monday, February 10, 2014

39 weeks



This week has been a very stressful week.  I think God made a very good plan in keeping this baby inside of me until we got some house issues taken care of.

Our electric started going haywire to the point where barely anything worked.  It took two days to get it figured out and a visit from the electric company.  (Who at this very minute are updating the transformer outside our house.)  Then, we started having a problem with our sewage and nothing was draining into the septic tank.  We haven't been able to laundry for a little while again and it go to where we couldn't shower or flush the toilet.  My dad came and saved the day and got that up and running so now we have the ability to use water and we have electric.  Thank goodness our house is heated by propane so we didn't have to worry about getting cold.

My husband was a saint through all this... dealt with everything calmly while trying to keep me from freaking out as well.  He made many trips into the cold and running around the house without complaining.  I married a good man.

All this may seem like it has nothing to do with my pregnancy but it does.  If baby would have come out I would be writing a very different story.

My 38 week appointment went well.  Baby's heartbeat was at 153 and measured 39 weeks.  My cervical check showed that I am still 4 cm dilated and am still roughly 70-80% effaced.  I have been having tons of contractions, constant Braxtons and those sharp little twinges in my cervix.  All show that baby is getting ready.  I know I have dropped as well because I can't see my belly button anymore and I haven't had heartburn all week. 

Other then that, we are just waiting.  I'm not good at this waiting game... I want to meet my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment